Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto


Today was one of those days where I don't really have much motivation to cook, but eating out doesn't really seem to be a good idea... (especially since I don't have any income yet). Well, this recipe (created by one of my favorite TV chef, Giada) turned out to solve ALL my problems. I only spent 10 minutes in the kitchen and didn't have to dig deep into my pocket. As an added bonus, this pasta dish was D-lish!!! This has easily become one of my favorite dish.

8 ounces rotini pasta
1 (8.5 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Salt & pepper

1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salt water until tender but firm, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the sun-dried tomato in it's oil, garlic, and basil leaves. (You can do this by using a food processor, but I like just using my knife. I find that it creates a better texture.) Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
3. Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment