Friday, September 23, 2011

Peach Pork Picante



I've been training for the El Tour de Tucson. Last week I did 31 miles and throughout the week have been doing weight training and running to keep my legs strong. All this workout has turned me into a carnivore. I've been craving red meat. Yesterday, I craved pork. I looked through recipes and crossed upon this one on allrecipes.com. Fabulous dish. I love it. Serve it with some rice and it's a satisfying, low calorie meal.

Ingredients:

Salsa
14 oz canned diced tomato, half drained
1 jalepeno, diced
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, diced
lime juice
salt

Pork
1 lb pork loin, boneless, cubed
1oz taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
4 tbsp peach preserves (or apricot)

Directions:

Salsa:

1. Combine all the ingredient into a bowl and mash together.

Pork.
1. Season pork with taco seasoning in a zip lock bag.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add seasoned pork and saute until browned, 5-7 minutes.

3. Add salsa and peach preserves and mix well. Cover skillet and reduce heat. Let simmer gently for 10 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment