Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lemon Quinoa Salad



Finally after month of one tragic event after another, I've finally found myself returning back to normal. I don't know what clicked, but I've been motivated to exercise regularly and cook again. Cooking has always made me happy. Food has always made me happy.  But without my soul being at peace I realized that I couldn't enjoy food. I'm glad to be back again from the dark phase in life. :)

Ingredients:
1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
2 cups Chicken Broth, low fat reduced sodium
Lemon Juice
4tsp Butter
4tsp Garliced, minced
2 Zucchini, cute into small pieces
1/2 Red Onion, sliced
Arugula

Direction:

1. Add quinoa and chicken broth to a medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked. Add lemon juice and fluff.

2. On a saucepan melt butter. Add zucchini and garlic. Sautee until zucchini is cooked through but remains crisp. Set aside and let cool.

3. Add quinoa and zucchini. Toss in a bowl together. After both quinoa and zucchini have cooled to room temperature, add red onion and arugula. Serve chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment