Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup

I've been cooking but haven't been posting the recipes because my camera died. "Yay" for my camera coming back to life so that I can share more of my cooking with you. Anyways, I've found this recipe on my favorite cooking magazine: CookingLight. I add some udon noodles to this soup and still find that it require no extra seasoning. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :D

3 1/2 cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 cup light coconut milk
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice

1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Stir in coconut milk; cook 2 minutes or until hot.
3. Add shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
4. Remove from heat; stir in green onions, basil, and juice.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment