Saturday, May 7, 2011

Curry Chicken Salad



It's only the first week of May and it's getting up into the 90's here in Arizona. On top of everything else the winds are blowing and amplifying my allergies! Hate it. I hate it! The heat kills my appetite and the allergies kill my sense of taste and smell. Enough complaining. This dish has helped me overcome the obstacles that Arizona's spring has thrown at me. Light and cool chicken salad plus spicy curry to liven my appetite and taste buds. :)

Ingredients
2 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
Handful of red grapes, halved
1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
3 tsps of curry powder
(May add some 1 tsp dijon mustard and sliced almonds if preferred)

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, celery, mayonnaise, and curry. Add the grapes to the mixture last. Serve on top of greens as a salad with whole wheat Wasa crispy flatbread or as a sandwich. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment